Let’s face it. Providing for your SAS loved one can get expensive. If you need assistance, the SATB2 Gene Foundation may be able to help.
We are proud to announce the launch of the 2023 SATB2 Gene Foundation Family Assistance Program (FAP). In 2021 we were able to support 19 SAS families and in 2022 we supported 18 families. We are currently accepting applications through July 20, 2023, for our Family Assistance Program as part of our mission and ongoing commitment to providing our SAS families with the support they need. Families who apply and are approved for assistance can receive up to $1,200 USD to help them pay for items such as:
- Specialty Support Items (Examples include wheelchairs, medical strollers, specialty beds, and specialty car seats)
- Communication Support (This includes tablets, iPADs, communication apps, and specialty equipment to improve educational success and enhance communication.)
- Adaptive play items (Examples include adaptive bikes and swings; full-support swimming seats; bouncy chairs; weighted vests and blankets; sensory sacks)
- Base therapies (speech therapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy, applied behavior analysis therapy)
- Alternative therapies (e.g., therapeutic horseback riding; aquatic, music therapy, or massage therapy)
- Travel to a clinic/specialist (excluding travel to the ACH Multidisciplinary Clinic)
Please note that a confirmation of a SATB2-Associated Syndrome Diagnosis must be submitted as part of the application which can be uploaded during the application process or emailed by the deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to submit proof of diagnosis by July 20th will make your application incomplete and will not be considered for funding.
As there are often more applications for funding than can be supported, the board will prioritize applications from families in need who have yet to receive funding through the SATB2 Gene Foundation ahead of families who have received awards from either the Family Assistance Program or the GPD Employee Foundation iPad for Communication grant, per SAS dependent, during the current 3-year look-back period running from 2020 through 2022.
To learn more about the SATB2 Gene Foundation FAP, or to submit an application, click below.