Let’s face it. Providing for your SAS loved one can get expensive. If you need assistance, the SATB2 Gene Foundation may be able to help.
We are proud to announce the launch of the SATB2 Gene Foundation Family Assistance Program (FAP). Through the end of 2021, and as part of our mission and ongoing commitment to providing our SAS families with the support they need, the SATB2 Gene Foundation has designated $20,000 for the FAP to help improve and enrich the lives of SAS individuals. Families who apply and are approved for assistance will receive up to $2,500 to help them pay for items such as:
- Durable medical goods (e.g., wheelchairs, orthotics, beds, etc.)
- Devices or equipment intended to support or enhance communication and education (e.g., computers, tablets/iPADs, printers, internet access, etc.)
- Adaptive play items (e.g., adaptive bikes and swings; full-support swimming seats; bouncy chairs; weighted vests and blankets; sensory sacks)
- Alternative therapies (e.g., therapeutic horseback riding; aquatic, music, or massage therapy)
- Travel to a clinic/specialist
To learn more about the SATB2 Gene Foundation FAP, or to submit an application, click below.
*Update as of November 11, 2021: Applications are currently not being accepted due to the overwhelming response for this program we have received. All applications received by November 10, 2021, will be reviewed by November 16, 2021. In the event that funding is still available, we will open applications again for a December review. Thank you for your interest in this program.